Well aren't these the most adorable things you ever done laid eyes on? So sweet. My inspiration came from a cross between a family fun bunny cupcake and a Wilton bunny cupcake. Here I will give you a close up so you can see them in detail, for upon closer inspection you will discover an irresistible urge to pinch their fluffy little bunny cheeks:
Here is what you will need to make the cupcakes: (click here for printable directions)
24 cupcakes baked
2 cans of store bought white/vanilla frosting (not whipped, regular)
Mini M&M's for eyes
1 bag regular sized marshmallows
1 bag wedding mints (pastel)
Pink sugar sprinkles
Pink jelly belly beans (can get small bag of 1 color in bulk sections
1 round tip to make puffy cheeks (Wilton tip 6)
- Make all the ears first, by cutting marshmallows in half and dipping the sticky side in pink sugar sprinkles. You can kind of shape them into more of an ear shape here, and set aside.
- Frost cupcakes normally with white frosting
- Put some frosting in a Wilton bag with round tip and pipe two balls a little lower than center
- Place the pink jelly bean nose and two white wedding mints for the teeth
- Place two brown mini M&M's close to each end of the jelly belly bean
- Put two smaller balls (Wilton tip again) where the ears will go near the top of the head. Place the marshmallow ears at the base of this dot. Make sure you leave enough room that the ears will sit on the face and not tip off the back off the cupcake. The frosting dot will hold the ears in place.
And BAM! You've got your finished little bunny cupcakes gazing up at you and ready for some hippity hoppity fun. Mine all hopped in line here and were ready to bounce off to the birthday party. (The kids by the way went ga-ga over these)!
This by the way would make a great Easter craft with the kids or grand kids, fun for a class party, or a bunny party any other time of the year.
Post a Comment